← Back to News

Minutes of Strategic Management Board meeting on 24th June 2014

Friday, July 11, 2014

Strategic Management Board Meeting

Tuesday, 24th June 2014, 2pm

PSNI HQ, Brooklyn

SMB Members

Hugh Hamill  PBNI (Chair)
Alan Smyth   NIPS
Terry Doherty   PBNI
ACC Hamilton  PSNI
Cecil Worthington Health and Social Care Trust
Liam Kinney  NIHE
Tony Rodgers  HSCB
Joe Blake  Lay Adviser
Dan McEvoy  Lay Adviser

In Attendance

Geraldine O’Hare PBNI, Chair of Education and Training Sub-group
C/Supt Clarke  PSNI
Gail McGreevy PBNI, Chair of Communications Sub-group
Sean McGibbon NIHE, Chair of Accommodation Sub-group
Sharon Beattie SBNI
Julie Smyth  PPANI Coordinator
Angeline Davidson PPANI Coordination Unit (minutes)

Apologies

Colin Reid  NSPCC
Liz Young  PSNI
Dan McEvoy  Lay Adviser

1 .Welcome and apologies

The Chair welcomed all to the meeting and apologies were accepted on behalf of those who could not attend.  Thanks extended to PSNI for hosting the meeting and providing lunch.
A particular welcome was extended to Sean McGibbon who will replace Robert Mahaffy in Chairing the Accommodation Sub group.

2. Minutes of meeting of 25th March 2014 and actions arising

The minutes of previous meeting were accepted as a true reflection of what was discussed.

• Actions Arising from March 2014 meeting

ACTION 1 (25.3.14) PPANI Coordinator to draft a written response to PPANI Links of the decision made in relation to Hate Crime-Completed
ACTION 2 (25.3.14) Hate crime eligibility is to be further considered in the MOP review 2014-15-Completed
ACTION 3 (25.3.14) The Chair of P&P to update the 2014/2015 Business Plan with reference to VISOR feasibility assessment-Completed
ACTION 4 (25.3.14) PPANI Coordinator to invite Stephen Sherry, Principal Officer, SHSCT to next Policy & Practice sub group meeting to discuss SHSCT proposed policy on the sharing of information-Ongoing- Terry to cover within his report
ACTION 5 (25.3.14) PPANI Coordination Unit to circulate leaflet for the IATSO conference to SMB members for consideration by the member agencies who may wish to submit papers at this conference-Completed
ACTION 6 (25.3.14) PPANI Coordination Unit to circulate to SMB 2013/2014 Business Plans of all sub groups.  Comments to be forwarded to the PPANI Coordinator-Completed
ACTION 7 (25.3.14) SMB Chair to write again to DOJ-Completed
ACTION 8(25.3.14) PPANI Coordinator to draft executive summary on the upcoming case and invite the above reps to meet and discuss the content-Completed
ACTION 9(25.3.14) PPANI Coordinator to liaise with Sharon Beattie regarding the format of SBNI’s executive summaries-Completed
ACTION 10(25.3.14) PPANI Coordinator to receive comments from SMB members regarding the Department of Education paper; for further discussion at the next P & P meeting.  An update to be provided at next SMB- On Agenda
ACTION 11 (25.3.14) PPANI Coordination Unit to identify members of SMB when recording minutes-Completed.
ACTION 12 (25.3.14) The PPANI SMB Chair to clarify if SBNI and HSCT qualify as members of PPANI SMB-Completed.  The Chair confirmed that HSCT are named in the legislation as members.  SBNI can attend however they are not members.
ACTION 13 (25.3.14) The PPANI SMB Chair and PPANI Coordinator to meet and draft a 14/15 Business Plan.  To be presented at the next forthcoming SMB.  Sub-group Chairs were also asked to forward their draft business plans to the Co-ordinator for onward distribution to SMB members for comment.  Action: Sub-group Chairs and Co-ordinator Unit-On Agenda

3.  Report from Policy and Practice Sub Group – Terry Doherty, PBNI

ACTION 1 (24.6.14) The Chair of P&P and PPANI Coordinator along with PPANI Links to prepare and draft guidance for consideration by Chair of SMB
• P&P Business Plan 2014/2015

ACTION:  Chair and Policy and Practice Committee.

 

4.  Report from Education & Training Sub Group – Geraldine O’Hare, PBNI

• Business Plan 2014/2015

5.  Report from Accommodation Sub group – Sean McGibbon - NIHE

• Business Plan 2014/2015

6.  Report from Victims Advisory Sub group – Colin Reid, NSPCC

• Business Plan 2014/2015

7.  Report from Communications Sub group – Gail McGreevy, PBNI

ACTION 3 (24.6.14) PPANI Coordination to circulate the draft copy of Annual Report to all members. Comments to be forwarded to Gail McGreevy by 16th July 2014.

• Business Plan 2014/2015

8.  Report from PPANI Coordinator – Julie Smyth

ACTION 4 (24.6.14) PPANI Coordinator to compare statistics for Jan-Sep.  To provide an update within her report.
ACTION 5 (24.6.14) PPANI Coordinator to liaise with DOJ regarding the budget and to request clarification on the 45K under spend.

9.  Lay Advisers

• Dan McEvoy
• Joe Blake

10.  Chairs Business

• SMB Business Plan 2014-2015 (draft)

ACTION 6 (24.6.14) PPANI Coordinator to make the necessary amendments to the Business Plan and circulate to SMB members

• Department of Education paper on ‘people who pose a risk’ procedure

ACTION 7 (24.6.14) PPANI Coordinator to revisit the paper and to insert additional amendments

11.  SMB Risk Matrix Plan for 2014-2015

ACTION 8 (24.6.14) The PPANI Coordinator to amend and meet the Chair to discuss same.  Amended plan will be circulated to members when completed.

12.  Any other business

ACTION 9 (24.6.14) PPANI Coordination Unit to remove the statement in question from the Risk tab on the website.

13.  Date and time of next meeting

• Tuesday 16th September 2014  1.00 pm lunch,  1.30 pm start        PBNI, 80/90 North Street, Belfast, BT1 1LD
• Tuesday 9th December 2014      1.00 pm lunch,  1.30 pm start       SBNI, 18 Ormeau Avenue, Belfast, BT2 8HS


Hugh Hamill (Chair)

CC All in attendance
Apologies